Pasta Recipe That You Should Try at Your Home
Our Easy Pasta Recipe is EASIEST to make! The first and basic rule to follow is to read carefully the cooking instructions below of the pasta recipe that you are using. However, always taste the pasta as it is cooking as you want the pasta to be “al dente”. Do not overcook it! Second, you want to prepare a sauce to garnish the pasta with. Some sauces are very simple and some are not. Here is a simple and easy pasta recipe that you can prepare for the joy of your Family and Friends!
Pasta Alla Norma:
Another Sicilian signature dish. Pasta, eggplants, and cheese! This dish was created in 1831 by a chef in Catania, Sicily, in honor of the composer Vincenzo Bellini whose premier of his opera “La Norma” at La Scala in Milan was a complete fiasco. So, to make Bellini feel better after his return home in Sicily, the chef created this dish and this gave Bellini the will to continue to compose and become off of the greatest Italian composers.
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Rigatoni
- 2 cups crushed peeled tomatoes
- 1 Large eggplant
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 Leaves basil
- 4 tablespoons Ricotta Salata (Salted seasoned ricotta)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Frying oil
- salt & pepper
- Cut the eggplant into round slices 1/2 thick. Do not remove the peel.
- Deep fry the eggplants slices in oil. Once finished removing excess oil with paper towel.
- In a saucepan add EV olive oil and chopped garlic.
- Once the garlic turns blonde add the crushed tomatoes and the basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Cut the fried eggplants into strips about 1 inch wide and add to the sauce.
- Cook for an additional 10 mins.Cook the rigatoni and put in a large bowl. Add the sauce and mix well.
- Serve and garnish with Ricotta Salata.
No matter what trying out this will surely give a great pleasure. Try it in your home and share it with friends and family.