Here’s How the Online Voting System Will Work in Pakistan
Online Voting System Will Work in Pakistan
Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), in Cooperation with National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA), has developed an Online Voting System for Overseas Pakistanis. Utilizing this method, Overseas Pakistanis can throw their vote for their home constituencies.
Chairman NADRA Usman Mobin gave a Multimedia and Video presentation to Some three-member Seat of Supreme Court in Islamabad. Chief Election Commissioner Sardar Raza Kahn and officials of Ministry of Foreign Affairs were also present.
Usman Mobin advised the SC seat this voting system is digital. Overseas Pakistanis can cast their votes without even leaving homes using any internet connected device such as PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet computers. This vote casting will be performed according to the Voters List. To cast a vote, an overseas Pakistani that wishes to utilize the machine should have:-
- A National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani
- A Machine Readable Passport
- A valid Email Address
Usman Mobin told the seat that overseas voters should first register themselves using the Online Voting System to cast their votes. The internet voting process is integrated with the internet portal of ECP and NADRA. To ease voters that the machine may be utilized in Urdu and English.
To enroll, a voter should log onto the site (www.overseasvoting.gov.pk) and then create an account with an email address and a phone number. After logging into the site with the account, choose enrollment. The machine will initially ascertain the qualification of the voter and will request to enter after details.
- 13-digit Unique National Identity Card Number printed on NICOP Card
- The Issuance Date of the NICOP Card
- Machine Readable Passport Number
- And the Tracking ID Number printed on Machine Readable Passport
If the voter is qualified, the machine will ask two confirmation questions from the information to validate the identity of the voter.
Subsequently, the machine will even de-list the Overseas Voter in the local Voter listing of their home constituency. Vote casting Procedure is as below:
Ahead of the Election, the machine will send a Voter Pass to the Voter in their registered email address.
- On Election Day, the Voter will log into the site using their accounts and choose “Vote Now.”
- When the Voting period is finished, Election Commission of Pakistan will allow the reporting portal site of this Online Voting System.
- Using the Voter Pass, the Voter will select the National Assembly or Provincial Assembly Constituency and cast their vote for the candidate of their choice.
When the Voting period is finished, Election Commission of Pakistan will allow the reporting portal site of this Online Voting System.
The Returning Officers, employing the reporting portal site, will have the ability to see and publish results of their Online Voting System individual for their constituencies.