Here is how to downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4 without losing data.
iOS 12 beta is now available for couple of devices with some new features. Apple have increased the speed performance and focusing on bug fixes.
In my previous tutorial, I have shared a method with users on how to install iOS 12 beta free for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. I also told you there are couple of bugs available in the iOS 12 beta.
Because beta is not for public, it is for iOS developers. You people don’t care about these stuffs. However, you can install this beta on a separate device not on your personal device.
Now if you are one who is facing issue on your iOS 12 running device you can easily downgrade to iOS 11.4 without losing data.
Just follow the next given steps and you are done with the downgrade procedure.
HOW TO DOWNGRADE iOS 12 to iOS 11.4 Without Losing Data?
Please keep in mind that, this tutorial is only working until iOS 11.4 is being signed by Apple. You can check the signed versions on IPSW.me page before a downgrade attempt. So, let’s start the downgrade procedure and save your data.
- At the very first, download iOS 11.4 IPSW file for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Now connect your device with iTunes using a USB to lightening wire.
- Go to the summary tab and take a look at the first table showing a restore or update button.
- Hold the Shift key if you are using Windows, if you are using mac hold the Option key and click Check for Update button.
- Now you need to select the downloaded iOS 11.4 IPSW file and wait for the downgrade.
Within 10 minutes you will find iOS 11.4 back on your device. However, this may not fix all the bugs. In order to fix all the bugs, you may have to reset your device complete using iTunes.
If you are facing iTunes error like 4015, 4014 or etc then please check again if the iOS 11.4 is being signed by Apple. If it’s not available by Apple then you can’t downgrade your device.
Now, if you have any questions, please ask me in the comment box below.
For more updates on iOS topics, News, tutorials and more stay with us. Also like our Facebook Page for quick updates on your NewsFeed.